Repertoire: Prepare between 10 minutes (minimum) to 25 minutes (maximum) of music. When picking your group’s repertoire, please include the following:
- One work originally written for a quartet or ensemble (not an arrangement).
- Any other selections that show off the group and fit within the above time guidelines.
Dates To Know:
- Early registration ends May 1, 2020
- Competition Date: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 (morning)
- Performance in Emerging Artist Concert Friday, August 7, 2020 1pm
Horn Quartet Competition Rules & Regulations:
- Quartets (all 4 members) entering the competition must be registered for the full week of IHS 52 by May 1, 2020.
- Quartets do not have to perform a work in its entirety. They may choose a movement or two of the work instead.
- All competitors are responsible for their own travel, room and board, IHS 52 registration, etc.
- The competition will be held on Wednesday, August 5, 2020
- Quartets should designate one person to be the main contact for the quartet. The main contact is the person that should complete this form and include their contact information.
- The IHS 52 Horn Quartet Competition Committee has the right to cancel a winner at no cost to IHS 52 if the winner fails to abide by all Horn Quartet Competition Rules and Regulations.
- For those wishing to apply for multiple competitions, please submit separate forms.
- Winners will have the opportunity to perform on the Emerging Artists recital on Friday, August 7, 2020 at 1pm.
- Quartets may not perform with conductor.