Repertoire: Prepare between 10 minutes (minimum) to 25 minutes (maximum) of music. When picking your group’s repertoire, please include the following:
- At least one work originally written for horn ensemble (not an arrangement).
- Any other selections that show off the group and fit within the above time guidelines.
Rules: Horn Ensemble must be six or more players. All members of the horn ensemble must be registered participants at IHS52.
Dates to Know:
- Early registration ends May 1, 2020.
- Competition date: Thursday, August 6, afternoon
Prize: Performance at Emerging Artists Recital Friday, August 7, 2020 1pm
Competition rules and regulations:
- Ensembles (all members) entering the competition must be registered for IHS 52 by May 1, 2020.
- Ensembles do not have to perform a work in its entirety. They may choose a movement or two of the work instead.
- All competitors are responsible for their own travel, room and board, IHS 52 registration, etc.
- The competition will be held on Thursday, August 6, 2020
- The term “ensemble” means any six or more horn players; however, pieces should be performed for the intended instrumentation and no doubling of parts should take place. (e.g. If your ensemble has 10 people, make sure the pieces are written for 10 players.)
- Anyone submitting a proposal as a group should designate one person to be the main contact for the group. The main contact is the person that should complete this form and include their contact information.
- The IHS 52 Horn Ensemble Competition Committee has the right to cancel a winner at no cost to IHS 52 if the winner fails to abide by all Horn Ensemble Competition Rules and Regulations.
- Competitors will be given 20-30 minutes in the hall on the morning of Monday, August 3, where the competition will be held.
- For those wishing to apply for multiple competitions, please submit separate forms.
- Winners will have the opportunity to perform on the Emerging Artists recital on Friday, August 7, 2020 at 1pm.
- Ensembles may perform with or without conductor.