- Rules and Fees for Display Space
- Display space is available through the purchase of a 6-foot table space:
- Sound exhibitors:
- First Table: $550 US, includes two exhibitor badges
- Each additional table: $150 US
- Non-Sound Exhibitors:
- First Table: $500, includes two exhibitor badges
- Each additional table: $125
- Early registration: $50 off first table, $25 off each additional table
Private Exhibit Rooms – A limited number of private exhibit rooms, also located in the Frohnmayer Music Building, are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Each private room includes the registration for one business and two exhibitor badges.
- SOMD 215 – $800 (3 tables)
- SOMD 150 (30×23) (six tables) $1,200
DEADLINE TO REGISTER AS AN EXHIBITOR, July 15
EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE, June 1st
1. All exhibitors must purchase tables to sell or display items at the Symposium. Fees will not be reduced for an exhibitor who provides his/her own table(s), does not need table space, or does not participate for the duration of the symposium. Any additional space used by an exhibitor (e.g., displays, racks, tables brought by exhibitor), will be charged an additional fee and may not be permitted due to lack of space. If you have any questions, please contact the exhibits coordinator. Exhibitors may only use tables purchased through and provided by IHS 52.
2. Each exhibitor receives two badges with the purchase of one table. Exhibitors must purchase additional badges for members of their company to participate in the symposium. Additional badges can be purchased for $200 each. A maximum of five total badges is permitted for each company, regardless of how many tables purchased.
3. Each business must register individually to be represented at the horn symposium. If your business is selling items for another company that will have representatives of its own at the symposium, you are required to register each company as an exhibitor. Failure to do so will mean that the non-registered company will not receive recognition online, in the program book or during the symposium as being a participating exhibitor.
4. Exhibitors may also purchase INFORMATION ONLY SPACE. Exhibitors can have information about their company and products by sending materials (brochures, flyers, samples) that will be prominently displayed and replenished throughout the symposium. INFORMATION ONLY SPACE will be in the Katie Frohnmayer Lobby, adjacent to Beall Hall, the main performance space for the symposium.
Information-only exhibits: $250
Information-only space does not include a badge for exhibitors, or entrance into the symposium. Companies purchasing information-only space must ship items to the address given below, before July 31, 2020. Items displayed will be arranged by the exhibits coordinator. An additional fee will be charged for those companies wishing to have any left-over items returned.
Assignment of Display Space
EXHIBIT SPACE IS ASSIGNED BY THE EXHIBITS COORDINATOR BY END OF REGISTRATION. Rooms are available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
All table coverings and display items are to be provided by the exhibitor.
All exhibitors have access to the University of Oregon’s guest wifi network, “UO GUEST”. Simply select it from the list of available wireless networks, and agree to UO terms and services on a pop-up web browser. Exhibitors are welcome to use a business or personal hotspot for internet connection as well.
Powerstrips will be available around the perimeter of the room in the exhibit spaces to provide electrical access to exhibitors.
- Sunday, August 2: Load In: 2 PM to 6 PM; 8PM Exhibits Banquet
- Monday August 3: 9AM to 1 PM, 2 PM to 6 PM
- Tuesday August 4: 9AM to 1 PM, 2 PM to 6 PM
- Wednesday August 5: 9AM to 1 PM, 2 PM to 6 PM
- Thursday August 6: 9AM to 1 PM, 2 PM to 6 PM
- Friday August 7: 9AM to 1 PM, 2 PM to 6 PM
- Saturday August 8: OPEN 9 AM to 1 PM; TEAR-DOWN 1 PM to 4 PM
Exhibit rooms will be open for set up from 2-6pm on August 2nd, and exhibitors are encouraged to give an approximate time of arrival so that staff will be able to assist in unloading of items. Exhibit spaces will be locked except for the times listed above. Parking is available in the lot at the University of Oregon School of Music and Dance on weekends. A school map has been made available to show where load-in doors and exhibit rooms are located.
For the safety of all exhibitors and their property at the symposium: rooms will only be opened at the assigned times. Please plan carefully.
Storage and Care of Building and Equipment
No items shall be posted, tacked, nailed, screwed, or otherwise attached to any part of the walls, floor, or any other part of the building or furniture. This, or any other act, which interferes with the proper protection of these properties, shall be at the expense of the exhibitor.
Liability and Insurance
The 52nd International Horn Symposium, IHS, the University of Oregon, or any staff members will not be responsible for the safety of the property of the exhibitor from theft, damage by fire, accident, or other causes, but will use reasonable care to protect the exhibitors from such loss and will secure the building during those periods when the exhibit areas are not open to the public.
No responsibility is assumed for goods delivered to the exhibit area prior to the conference or materials in the exhibit area after the close of the exhibits. Exhibitors must provide their own insurance.
All materials shipped to the University of Oregon should be shipped to the following address:
University of Oregon
School of Music and Dance
ATTN: IHS 52
961 E. 18th Ave
Eugene, OR 97403-1225
Items arriving before the symposium must be delivered after July 27th and will be securely stored at the School of Music and Dance.
Oregon does not have a sales tax. More information can be found here: https://www.oregon.gov/DOR/pages/sales-tax.aspx
Exhibitors may dismantle at 1:00 PM on Saturday, August 8th, and all items must be removed from the exhibit rooms by 4pm.
Only items prepaid for shipping (UPS, FedEx, or USPS) and with a pick-up time for Monday, August 10th will be permitted to remain at the University of Oregon after the close of exhibits. Exhibitors must inform the Exhibits Coordinator if they will leave materials for pick-up. Neither the Exhibits Coordinator, the University of Oregon, or IHS can make payments to carriers on behalf of exhibitors. If a carrier does not accept any box, the shipper will be notified and the box held for no more than one week. After that it will be disposed of, with no recourse to the Exhibits Coordinator, the hosts or IHS. Any remaining items will be discarded.
Exhibitors must pick up any left over trash, packaging materials, or unwanted items and dispose of them properly. Please leave your space as you found it.
Housing and Meals
On Campus housing and meals can be purchased as a package, or exhibitors can purchase single meals on campus at Carson and Dux Bistro. There are also a number of restaurants in close proximity to the School of Music and Dance building. To purchase on campus housing and meals, visit the registration page at www.ihs52.com.
Regulations and Contract
This general information and regulations for exhibitors become a part of the contract between the exhibitor and the 52nd International Horn Symposium. They have been formulated for the best interest of the exhibitor. We respectfully request full cooperation of the exhibitor in their observance. All points not covered herein are subject to the decision of the Horn Symposium Host and the International Horn Society.
For further information contact:
IHS Symposium Exhibits Coordinator